Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cheese Cloche Redo

Okay, I really wanted to title this "Nacho Cheese Cloche".  Get it?  Not yo cheese cloche? Anyway, it was funny in my head.

I found this great blog, Maiden D'Shade.  She shared how she turned a cheese cloche and a candlestick into a wonderful pedestal cloche.  Well, it just so happened that I had a chunky candlestick I had picked up at Goodwill and a cheese cloche I snagged at a garage sale a few weeks before.
So I busted out my saw (note the line around the fat part of the candlestick) and cut down the candlestick to the fattest part.  The proportion seemed to make more sense when the cloche was setting on it.  Next, I sanded it down and glued the two together with my trusty E6000.  This stuff holds everything together!

Once that was done, I spray painted it gloss black, my go to color.  By the way, if you haven't tried Ace Hardware Premium Enamel spray paint, you haven't lived!  This stuff is my new favorite spray paint!  Not to mention I love shopping at my local store.  The are so helpful and friendly.  Ha!  I just had their commercial pop into my head..."Ace is the place with the helpful hardware man."  It's so true!

Anyway, a coat of black paint and this is what my cheese cloche and candlestick turned into!  A cheese cloche on a candlestick!
I still think Nacho Cheese Cloche is funny.

Thanks Kim from Maiden D'Shade!

No comments:

Post a Comment